- In the March 2023 quarter compared with the December 2022 quarter:
- Cook Islands Total Population estimates stood at 17,900. This is a 12.7% (2,600 people) decline when compared to December quarter 2022 (20,500).
- Resident population was estimated at 14,600. This is 1.4% (200 people) less when compared to previous December quarter 2022 (14,800).
- Total Births registered for this quarter was 43, showing a decrease of 8.5% with 18 births being males and 25 were females.
- Total number of Deaths recorded for this quarter stood at 50 deaths. This is an increase of 56.3% when compared to previous quarter (32 deaths).
- Crude birth rates was 2.9 and Crude death rates stood at 3.4
- Total marriages officiated stood at 61, decreasing by 54.5% when compared to December quarter 2022 (134 marriages). 89% were non-resident and 11% of these marriages were Cook Islands residents
From June year 2021 to June year 2022
- Cook Islands Total population estimate stood at 19,200, showing an increase of 4.9% (900 people more)
- Resident population was estimated at 15,600, decreasing by 9.3% (1,600 people less).