In the December 2022 quarter compared with the September 2022 quarter:
- Cook Islands Total Population estimates stood at 20,500. This is 8.5% (1,600 people) more when compared to September quarter 2022 (18,900).
- Resident population was estimated at 14,800. This is 5.7% (900 people) less when compared to previous quarter (15,700).
- Total Births registered for this quarter was 47, showing a decrease of 11.9% with 27 births being males and 20 were females.
- Total number of Deaths recorded for this quarter stood at 32 deaths. This is an increase of 28.0% when compared to previous quarter (25 deaths).
- Crude birth rates was 3.2 and Crude death rates stood at 2.2
- Total marriages officiated stood at 134, increasing by 50.6% when compared to September quarter 2022 (89 marriages). 77% were non-resident and 23% of these marriages were Cook Islands residents
From June year 2022 to June year 2021
- Cook Islands Total population estimate stood at 19,200, showing an increase of 4.9% (900 people more)
- Resident population was estimated at 15,600, decreasing by 9.3% (1,600 people less).